Breast Augmentation in Melbourne
Breast Augmentation Surgery in Melbourne, VIC
Breast Augmentation Surgery, or more commonly known as a Boob Job, is the placing of breast implants in the breast area to enlarge the breasts. The procedure often restores volume, enhances the shape of the breasts or corrects size differences and asymmetric abnormalities in the breasts.
What is Breast Augmentation?
The Breast Augmentation procedure often appeals to women who have always had smaller breasts. It is also popular with those who once had larger breasts but have lost volume and shape due to fluctuations in weight, pregnancy, breastfeeding or other factors.
This procedure cannot correct breasts that are suffering from severe drooping. For patients with this condition Dr Patrick Briggs may suggest that the patient undergo a Breast Augmentation and Lift to ensure that the breasts are lifted and more full.
What are the benefits of Breast Augmentation (Enlargement)?
- Increase the volume and size of smaller breasts
- Add volume fullness and firmness to breasts and cleavage
- Improve breast profile and fullness post-pregnancy
- Create fullness in your breast area
- Enhance ‘side-boob’ proportions
- Improve the look of uneven or asymmetrical breasts
- Improve the overall breast and nipple appearance
Am I a Good Candidate?
Are you concerned with:
- Small breasts or underdeveloped breasts (flat-looking chests)
- Mildly drooping breasts (mild ptosis)
- Uneven or lopsided breasts (asymmetric breasts)
- Puffy areola and nipples or pointy-looking breasts (tuberous breasts)
- Minimal body fat/ Lack of breast tissue
- Upper pole dimensions/no upper pole cleavage
Then you may be a good candidate for Breast Augmentation.
What should I know about having a Breast Augmentation?
Dr Briggs will guide you in choosing the best implant and procedure for you. You will need to discuss these options with your surgeon to get the best possible results.
There are many aspects to consider when planning for Breast Augmentation Surgery, including:
- Brand – Not all implant brands are equal in reputation and longevity.
- Type – What material are they made of?
- Shape – Round or anatomical (teardrop)?
- Size – What will work best for you and your body in the long term?
- Placement – In front or behind the muscle or dual-plane?
- Incision Location – Inframammary, periareolar or transaxillary.
The Breast Augmentation procedure itself generally lasts for 1.5 hours (this will vary from patient to patient) and is performed while you are under general anaesthesia.
Medications and General Anaesthesia are administered by an ANZCA recognised Specialist Anaesthetist for your safety and well-being during your surgical procedure.
There are a number of surgery options and incision approaches to Breast Implant Surgery, including inframammary, periareolar or transaxillary incisions. Dr Briggs will have discussed the incision that is right for you before your procedure.
Closing the Incision
At the end of the operation, your incision is closed with dissolving stitches placed deep into the skin surface. This often means that for most patients, no stitches will need to be removed following surgery.
The incision is covered with a breathable dressing that will stay in place until your post-operative appointment and a soft bra is fitted for your comfort during recovery.
Risks and Complications
Breast Augmentation, like any invasive surgery incurs risks and complications. It is sensible when researching surgeond to choose a highly trained and experienced specialist plastic surgeon with extensive breast augmentation to reduce your surgery risks.
Dr Briggs will discuss all potential complications during a consultation. Like general anaesthesia, bleeding (haematoma), infection, wound healing, deep vein thrombosis, scarring, numbness and altered sensation. Constantly stay educated, be healthy, do not smoke before or after your procedure and understand your risks.
Recovery from Breast Augmentation Surgery
The length of your recovery period will depend on your specific procedure and other health and lifestyle factors. Recovery times can vary significantly from person to person. The general rule, however, is that you should allow 2-6 weeks for initial recovery following your Breast Augmentation surgery. Scar maturation often takes longer and Dr Briggs will educate you on how best to care for you scar once healed.
You will need to work with Dr Briggs to allow for adequate and proper healing time. It is important to consult with your Surgeon before returning to daily activities such as driving, lifting and exercise.
It is also important to wear the post-operative compression garments throughout your recovery period for the required time frames. Good results depend on a collaborative approach and a healthy lifestyle. You will need to be willing to follow the specific instructions given to you by your Surgeon, and attend all post-operative appointments.
Maintaining Your Breast Implant Results
Every patient is unique and surgery results can vary from patient to patient. It is important to work collaboratively with your Surgeon and to keep your expectations realistic.
Please keep in mind that your results from Breast Enlargement Surgery may be impacted by fluctuations in your weight, skin health or Body Mass Index (BMI). Pregnancy and breastfeeding may also impact on your surgical results following your Breast Surgery.
To maximise the longevity of your Breast Surgery results, it is important to maintain a healthy, nutritious lifestyle.
Breast Augmentation Cost
All Surgery is customised and your Surgeon will give you a cost for Breast Augmentation surgery depending on the type of procedure you are having, the hospital you attend and the length of your stay.
At your initial consultation, you are given a detailed quote. This will include your Dr Briggs’ fee, Anaesthetist fee and the hospital fees.
We also provide information on Private Health Insurance, a breast augmentation payment plan plus other different ways to pay for Breast Implant surgery.
Why Choose Dr Patrick Briggs?
With a wealth of experience and training, Dr Patrick Briggs is dedicated to best practice patient care and education, customising Breast Enlargement Surgery for each and every patient to best meet their needs and desired surgical outcomes.
Dr Patrick Briggs fully qualified with current ASPS and ASAPS memberships. Also, when choosing a Plastic Surgeon word of mouth is always a great way to gain further knowledge.
Our Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation and Lift and also Removal and Replacement of Implants.
About Our Plastic Surgeon – Dr Patrick Briggs FRCS (Plast)
Dr Patrick Briggs offers high quality, natural-looking plastic and cosmetic surgery results and is vastly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4500 Surgeries in private practice. With world-wide expertise Dr Patrick Briggs is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men and women.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 1300 264 811 to arrange your initial consultation appointment with Dr Patrick Briggs.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral.
- Your initial Consultation Booking Fee with a Specialist Surgeon is usually $300 and your booking fee is paid ahead of your appointment and will secure your consultation date. You can pay by phone by calling us to affirm payment or book an appointment time. We have online payment methods if necessary.
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take notes and read the literature provided on the procedures thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise an Online Virtual Consultation with Dr Patrick Briggs
- Browse our website, Facebook and Instagram for further information on your procedure
Please contact us using our contact form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our reception staff who will be able to provide you with further information.